Back in the cubicle farm
Hi all. Chris here. I figured I'd do a post-trip update since I'm waiting for something from my boss.
Since Monday was a holiday, (YAY) we decided to use it to replenish our food supply since the fridge was empty. Wouldn't you know it... right after pulling out of our driveway to go to the supermarket, I signal with my wiper and pull into the left side of the street...
Things are almost back to normal though. It's still difficult to sleep at a decent hour and wake up early. At least it's only taken me 3 days to catch back up with work thanks to my co-workers who covered me while I was gone. :)
You know I noticed we went practically the whole blog without mentioning New Zealand Rugby. The "All Blacks" are EVERYWHERE. You can't go anywhere without seeing their merchandise. These people are as crazy about All Blacks as Raider Nation is about... the Raiders! I wish I could have picked up a shirt or something, but didn't seem right, me not knowing a thing about the game.
We mentioned the "Maori Haka" earlier which was, for the native New Zealanders, part of a warriors conditioning for war and battle. The All Blacks have adopted this practice to strike fear into the opposing teams. Imagine a group of HUGE guys with no necks going completely tribal and aggressively stomping, chanting/shouting, with their eyes wide open and showing their tongues? Try going into google images and searching "haka" and most of the images will be of the All Blacks rather than the traditional Maori Haka!
We're working on posting the pictures so please be patient. :) When we're done, I'll try inserting the appropriate ones into past blogs where they apply.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home